|Mon May 27 @10:00AM - 01:00PM|
Recruiting Round Rochester
Cover letters are a very important part of the job search process. Always include a cover letter when mailing your resume to a potential employer. It will be the company's first impression of you and its purpose is to attract the reader's attention and spark his or her interest in wanting to meet you.
Follow these general guidelines:
- State the reason you are writing
- Mention the job you're interested in
- Show how your skills can benefit the company
- If appropriate, mention the name of a highly regarded employee.
Middle paragraph(s )
- State why you want to work for this organization
- Highlight your skills and qualifications that are relevant to the position
- Emphasize your accomplishments
- Refer to your resume for additional information.
- Express your interest for an interview
- Mention how you will follow up
- Ask for specific action (i.e., "Please call me to set up an interview at the number provided")
- State phone number and best time to reach you